Monday, June 16, 2008

Insane Fantasy Sports Nutjobs

I've said on this blog before, and I'll say it again - DO NOT PLAY FANTASY SPORTS!

Actually, that's unfair, but there are a couple of guys in my league that just don't understand anything. Let me put it this way, they get mad because I quote them on our message boards. They don't like quotation marks! It bugs them for some reason, perhaps because they have to read their asinine comments a second time. The worst thing is that they are these sanctimonious motherfuckers, who constantly bitch about any practice that helps other players that they haven't thought of yet. If that happens, they just dismiss the process as "cheap" and want an immediate rule change to stop it. Worse than crying babies, I tells ya. And that's really really bad.

In other news, being on break is undeniably amazing. I hate responsibilities. HATE!
I have none currently. That's just great. I got my driver's license renewed today, and that seemed like a huge hassle.

So, gay people got married in California today. Does anyone care about this? I can't imagine still being so bigoted and backwards in my thinking that I'd want to stop two other random people from getting married. I guess that's what I don't understand about the protests against gay marriage - it doesn't effect anyone except the people getting married. I love how people say that it's a danger to the family. That makes NO FUCKING SENSE!!!

Next up, the world of gaming. I'm still working on Oblivion, but now I've managed to get kicked out of the Fighter's guild for stealing. I don't remember stealing! Anyway, as usual, the way back in is not easy. Same thing with getting back into the Mage's guild. I've already put 3+ days (total hours) into this game, but I'm tempted to start over with a new character. I know it sounds crazy, but I think I actually know what kind of character I would create now. I'm just not sure I want to do ALL of those missions over again.

I beat the special download portion of Mass Effect, which was pretty satisfying. It's such a strange game because it's simultaneous good and bad in such dramatic ways. Running around planets can get boring, but the battle system is clean, once you get used to it. Actually, it's probably the ONLY game I've ever played where I find myself fighting through enemies just to talk to someone - that's how good the dialogue in the game is. I could just play Mass Effect with the dialogue trees and no fighting.

Oh yes, I must not forget that I played a bunch of Wii sports today. It was fun, but it felt more like a necessity since I haven't moved very much since the end of school. I worked up a nice sweat. I'm very out of shape, and I'm very annoyed with my injuries to my right foot and back.
Every time I exercise, both get worse. So, I don't exercise...which makes my back worse. It's a stupid stupid cycle.

3 Comments:

At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very accurate description of your day.
-Shakezula

 
At 2:02 AM , Blogger marchhare14 said...

You would know, eh?

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Michael said...

Good summary of the gay marriage argument or lack thereof. Great pic of Phillies guy eating a ball. Plus, big props on a ninja picture.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home