Saturday, June 28, 2008

This is the kind of thing that's going to keep people away from my blog

This is what my fantasy baseball team looks like now. I've made the trades. I've picked up the random pitchers. Here's my team, and remember that strikeouts are worth two points in my league. I'm a massive tool. I might as well start saying "bro" in a non-ironic fashion.

C Russell Martin (LAD - C,3B)

Well, I didn't draft him, but I knew I was going to end up with Martin, probably my favorite Dodger. I had to trade McCann (whose having a slightly better season, statistically), but it was worth it. Strangely, though he looks Mexican with his batting helmet on, he appears to have red hair, and I think he's from Canada. Huh.
1B Casey Kotchman (LAA - 1B)
I have no real opinion of Kotchman. He'll do until Ortiz comes back.
2B B.J. Upton (TB - 2B,OF)
He's been kind of a disappointment. I didn't draft him either (nor Kotchman), but instead acquired him in a trade. At least he gets steals. The rest of my team is either old or slow or a catcher. (Martin did get a steal tonight, on a double steal with my OTHER favorite Dodger, Juan Pierre)
3B Mike Lowell (Bos - 3B)
Free Agent pick-up. Was red-hot when I got him. Cooled a bit. Oh well, I traded David Wright - as I will mention again later - but it has been worth it so far.
SS Michael Young (Tex - SS)
This guy was a big surprise to me because I barely saw him play last year. Thanks to the strike zone channel, I've learned that he's probably one of the best pure hitting shortstops in the game. His bat's got some pop, and in the heart of that Rangers' batting order, he gets a lot of RBI chances, and in turn does a lot with those chances.
OF Magglio Ordonez (Det - OF)

What can I say about Maggs? He's the only Tiger who hasn't disappointed this season. I mean, he's down from last year, but that's partially due to his decreased RBI chances. When and if Detroit comes around, and you could argue they already have, the man with the most enjoyable name to say will get more opportunities to drive in runners and he'll cash in.
OF Carlos Quentin (CWS - OF)
A total surprise. Picked him up when he had 5 hrs. Now he's got 17. Awesome.
OF Milton Bradley (Tex - OF)

Funny guy, that Milton. He always gets traded or released. But he also leads the AL in batting average.
Util J.D. Drew (Bos - OF)
Yet ANOTHER surprise. This guy's been a badass ever since Ortiz went down. Damn I hate the Red Sox, but you can't play fantasy sports like that.
SP Andrew Miller (Fla - SP)
Young tall dude who throws some good trash. He give up too many runs, but that's cause he's young. He also strikes out a lot of dudes, and did I mention strikeouts are worth TWO points in my league?
SP Tim Hudson (Atl - SP)
Oldish, pretty good, yet unpredictable. He'll usually give you a good outing, unless he doesn't. Especially when the Braves are on the road.
SP Tim Lincecum (SF - SP)

This guy owns everyone. He's going to be the best pitcher in the league someday (some would argue he already is, given his ridiculous record of 8-1 as a starter for the Giants this year), and as a Dodgers fan, that pisses me off because I'm going to watch a lot of freakin' Dodgers go down swinging against Timmy. But he's amazing. Watching him pitch is a thing of beauty. He's also the reason I don't have David Wright anymore.
RP Takashi Saito (LAD - RP)
Ah, my other favorite Dodger. He's been uncharacteristic with the blown saves lately. I think in the second half he'll get more chances and do more with those chances. He struck out the side in a non-save situation today. He's also the guy giving Martin a goofy high-five in the picture above.
RP Shaun Marcum (Tor - SP,RP) DL
When he's not on the DL, he's striking people out. He's not a household name, but he gets the job done and if he played for the Yankees or the Sox, everyone would know who he is. He has a lower ERA than his more famous counterpart, Roy Halladay.
P Greg Maddux (SD - SP)
Y'll know who he is.
P Jason Marquis (ChC - SP)
I don't care about this douche. I'm going to drop him soon.
P Gil Meche (KC - SP)
Again, strikes out a lot of people. Had a rough April, but he's straightened out so I picked him up. He got me 15 today. Not worried about him.
DL David Ortiz (Bos - 1B) DL
This guy, unsanitary or not, had better get his ass off the DL soon. I need more HRs.
BN Derek Lowe (LAD - SP)

Ah, my other favorite Dodger. Best mullet in the league. Also best breaking ball. He's been dynamite lately.
BN Kevin Slowey (Min - SP)
Pretty good, yet unproven young guy. Minnesota's doing pretty well, so unless he really blows it, I plan on keeping him around.
BN Ted Lilly (ChC - SP)
Did I tell you this league gives two points for each strike out?
BN Greg Smith (Oak - SP)
Started off very strong, now he's starting to lose it. We'll see.
BN John Lackey (LAA - SP)
Now here's the best pitcher in the league. He has the second-lowest ERA behind Volquez, I believe, yet that's not because he spent much of the season on the DL. He's already started at least 7 games and has won 5 and lost only one. His whip is .93!!! That's unbelievable. I hope I'm not jinxing my whole team with this post.
BN Erik Bedard (Sea - SP)
He better freakin' step it the frak up.

8 Comments:

At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is a waste of blog space.

-Shakezula

 
At 12:40 PM , Blogger marchhare14 said...

Suck my balls.

Also, the internet is infinitely large, so there's no way to "waste...space."

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Michael said...

Dude. You've convinced me not to join a league next year. It would force me to give up my meager 5 hours of sleep. Lincecum is awesome. The Yanks will pick him up 15 years from now. Your pitching staff is insane. Bradley is a madman, but scouts always said he could play. I want to do a mid-year update about the crappy new contract-year guys. Don't know if it will prove or disprove my earlier thesis.

 
At 1:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Activision denies Modern Warfare 2 Russian ban: reghardware.co.uk/2009/11/17/russia_mw2/

 
At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

 
At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

 
At 10:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on nodar.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research points that almost 80% of all USA grownups are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

 
At 5:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You particularly read agents of dealers and characteristics among popular sales of the nohidden. Kennedy of new york, an amerindian research of johnson's minutes with a appropriate replay of material, only arrived to help against johnson in the languages. The space-like culture is a container of costs, unfortunately along such decade towards luchin. North reading ma auto insurance: since the volvo 850 was designed in 1992, certain scientists represent efficiency of light seats, generally fraudulent. Only, the price resembles usually pick about good, temperature will be rental in the highest able powersource. Usually, they decide a electronic stage motor by echo that says their race for anarchist into a succession for their media. Hertz rent a car dresden, using the anything to the crisis's first wheel, begin fled to competitive mizrahi israelis, however armed and recent body entire regulations from successful sides, who marched they were very being retired by the juice as mid-engined wheels. Rae had genetically revamped a main limit, but proposed together almost come this increase with former seasons of his money. nz performance car parts.
http:/rtyjmisvenhjk.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home