Friday, July 18, 2008

Favorite Video Games (Now with 90% more "Sequitur" Pictures!)

I hope you like lists and pictures.
This is basically a repost from something I posted somewhere...else.

From a screen saver actually called Mysterious Forest

Rather than list one game as my favorite, I have to list a series of games, all represented in a form in which a dash is actually just a loose association between games. And the order doesn't matter. And I left out some games. Or just their pictures.

Like so:

1) Zelda:Ocarina of Time - Fable - Oblivion






2) Final Fantasy III(VI) - Knights of the Old Republic - Mass Effect





3) Goldeneye - Metroid Prime - Portal - BioShock








4) Quake - Gears of War - COD4



5) Super Mario World (SNES) - Mario 64 - Paper Mario - GTAIV






6) Ogre Battle(SNES) - Baulder's Gate - Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds - Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
And this is just off the top of my head. If we went by system, then my eyes would start to bleed.
Here's a picture I made. Posting it for no reason. Only Arrested Development fans will like it.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 AM , Blogger Huge Larry said...

I'd have to say that you're an RPG man at heart. I'm more of an ass man, myself... although Oblivion has been ruling my world recently.

You inspired me to cure my porphyric hemophilia (vampirism).

Now I can waste my evenings pointlessly improving my character so I can fight against monsters who are automatically adjusting to always be strong enough to kill me.

You should've named your dog Daedra... either that or Toutius Sextius--the male Imperial commoner living in Skingrad.

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger marchhare14 said...

If you get strong enough, you start owning everyone. They have a max level, I believe. Once your character is super hot and equiped with the largest weapons and armor you can find, you're in business. Also, once you get good enough at alchemy, you can turn daedra hearts into awesome health potions. So basically, if you cure enough, you can overwhelm any enemy. It's all about Summoning fuckers to distract the enemy and then giving them the ol' cornballin'. Also, you may choose to give them the heave-hoe, or the facerape.

Finally, if you are inclined to fight like a pussy, you can find some "high ground" and rain arrows and fire and shit down upon the masses of Daedra.

I can't decide whether I like Oblivion or Fable more. Oblivion is obviously a "better game" from a technical standpoint, but I've player through Fable so many times, yet it never gets old. The consequences are so real and permenant in Oblivion. It's almost too real in that way. You know how many gameplay hours I was ejected from the Mage's guild before I found enough vampire dust to get back in? 94.

The ending of Oblivion has some hugeness to it. Not really in the end itself, but in the moments leading up to the CGI fest.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home