Saturday, February 21, 2009

Quality - Valve Fucking Quality

First off, I feel like I owe myself and the entire blogging community, a giant, incoherently sloppy kiss for my long, largely-unnoticed absence from the 'sphere. You know, you need to wait for insperado to hit (and you never, as you know, know when it's going to hit) and then you need to harness it's slippery power on way to a star-making turn as the blogger of the Godforsaken English teachers. I'm coming out like Jaz-Z, hova, if you will, or a pre-heartbreak Kayne West. I'm walking with Jesus. I'm bigger than my body. And so on.


My wife is an interesting subject right now, as most of you know, she's pregnant as hell, and she's all hurt up. In only about two more months, it's going to be over, but the things that I'm finding out that she's going to have to go through...how does this sort of thing happen on a regular basis? I'm probably going to pass out, if not from shock, exhaustion. The thing is, if anyone ever says "you'll understand when you have children" (which is one of the most specious of the logical fallacies), I'm no longer obliged to take that shit. I've had so many people say that to me over the years. If I say that to you at any point in the future, you have ever right to punch me in the penis.


Now multi player games are almost exclusively bread on competition over cooperation, Valve's excellent Left 4 Dead proves that you can reverse this trend. The atmosphere, the movie-like presentation, the tight controls and the cooperative game-play elements add up to the ultimate co-op game play in the history of the genre. If any of you have had the chance to play this first-person survival horror game, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I speak for everyone with good taste in games that Valve is a gift from the gods. Perhaps Bacchus. It stands to reason.


My dog is recovering well from his castration. I still feel guilty, but Sawyer is a trooper and he acts like he doesn't even notice it. Good job, dog. As strange experiences go, freaking out with ob sense amounts of nervous energy while he was at the vet's office ranks up there pretty high. It helps, thought, that Sarah was the same way. She was so nervous she actually played video games with me. It was heavenly.


This week was wonderful to have off - obviously - but it went by at an accelerated speed as usual. Here it is, Saturday night, and I am busy blogging like the goat less money man. I should be out, partying down and getting up, you know what I mean? Is there any reason I shouldn't be playing video games right now?


I bought a bunch of somewhat shit pop songs (Rihanna, Katy Perry, U2, Kayne West feat. Estelle, etc...shit), but I should make it clear that this is something that I'm trying to do because everyone does the same thing: get old, lose interest in pop music, and criminally miss out on great songs because they are "popular." I'm trying not to go that route. The road not taken, or something else pretentious-sounding. I did buy Kings of Leon and Animal Collective as well, which allows me to retain a small amount of my indie cred, like I fucking give a fucking fuck.

Games I'm Playing: Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 2, Rock Band 2, Fallout 3
Music: Kings of Leon, Galaxy 500, The Beatles, Faith No More

1 Comments:

At 11:17 PM , Blogger cwew said...

Fuck

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home