Sunday, March 08, 2009

Loli Loli Loli get your adverbs here

Your mid-twenties can be truly magical period of time. Not for any important or spiritual reasons, mind you, but I now understand what it feels like to be economically unrestrained. You want that new CD? Buy it. You desire the latest incarnation of a stupid, flawed sports video game? Yes. Get it. How about a pair of jeans that don't have holes in the left leg? Yeah, we can swing that.

Ah, how times have changed.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Valve's Left4Dead. I LOVE IT! But, this is the first time in ages when I've truly been frustrated by cooperative play. At this point, I know the maps. I know where to go. I know what kind of shit gets the entire team killed. I am finally at the point with a game where I can call other people n00bs and mean in it an unironic sense. Hey, it's a good idea to throw that molotov cocktail at your teammates, right? How about running around in circles because you don't know where the fuck you are going? Brilliant. Perhaps you could just follow the guy (me) who knows where he's going. Maybe that way I won't get jumped by a smoker or a hunter while a bunch of mouth-breathing morons run around in circles looking for non-existent paths through the level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home