Friday, April 17, 2009

Top Ten Most Searched Items on Yahoo!

Heidi Klum
She's the type of supermodel that I don't really care for. Does that make me weird? I don't know, she just looks too tall and perfect to actually be enjoyable. I don't like the lack of meat on her bones or her "it's o.k. that I'm dumb because I'm hot" personality. Did I mention that their are some days when I really hate my fellow human.
Rosetta Stone
Is this, like, that thing they sell on TV to help you learn a new language or is it the actual stone? I don't know, but it's interesting to think that the double-meaning involved in this particular phrase gives it a kind of automatic advantage over other searched items. Do you think that perhaps both the program and the artifact were both heavily searched today? I mean, not as much as Heidi Klum of course...
Gabrielle Anwar
Anwar sounds like a made-up name.
Weekend Getaways
This, I don't understand in the economic saucepan in which we all fry. But, on the other hand (you like how I used that without the "On one hand part"? I'm a bad writter.), I've heard that this is spring breakish time or something so I guess it makes sense.
Yankee Stadium
The Dodgers game tonight was pretty great, except for their inability to win this game by 10 runs. They left at least 12 guys on base, and their RISP was horrible. They kinda didn't deserve to win, but this is when Broxton came in and struck out 4 of the last 5 batters.
Keshia Knight Pulliam
I like Keira Knightly. She's a good looking British woman.
State of Play
There actually are some good actors in this movie, but since the last movie I saw in the theaters was Tropic Thunder, I think I'm going to miss this one. Plus, I don't think Sarah, in her current superprego state would want to sit through a movie right now.
John Madden
Yup, boom, he's gone. I will miss his circuitous statements of the obvious whilst watching the football. He'll live on in video games. I'm sure they're still going to make his game using his name. To a gamer, it's almost irrelevant that he's a sportscaster. It's more of a name recognition thing, plus EA owns exclusive rights to the official NFL roster so they can call it "Mardoons NFL 2010!" and no one will care or do a damn thing about it.
Wedding Invitations
Sarah sent all of these out for us, but the question, as always, is "Why is this in the top ten most searched items?" It's spectacularly mysterious and that's why I like this list thingy I've been doing.
Electric Cars
Al Gore is pumped. People are all about going green. I wonder if it's actually going to make a difference or if we're just trying to make ourselves feel more important than we actually are.
Lost was great this week.

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, going to the movies right now doesn't seem like a good idea. I really want to see Star Trek, but I'll be a mom by then.

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger marchhare14 said...

Thank you for the comment, wife! My online journal (not blog) needs attention!

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Huge Larry said...

After inventing the Internet, it only makes sense that Al Gore be the one to engineer an optimized electric vehicle.

I want to see the new Star Trek as well. I hope it doesn't stray too far from Roddenberry's vision. The action sequences look hot, but I also get the sense that they are trying to make Star Trek sleek, sexy and modern, which could backfire and be lame.

I like how Star Trek has always portrayed such a positive view of humanity's future, in which all of our negative traits are severely diminished. A lot of scifi goes for the gritty, filth ball future.

I suppose that the Star Trek future is a bit less likely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home