Saturday, June 13, 2009

P.J. or Paige?

It's impossible right now to know whether we're going to call her P.J. or Paige more often when she gets older. She seems like a P.J. to me at the moment, which is to say that she's starting to develop a rudimentary personality. She smiles at me if I tickle her, change her diaper, or talk to her about baseball statistics. The reward/pain meter regarding being a dad is starting to slowly move toward the reward side of things. The smiles and funny noises she makes are getting more interesting and you can start to see myself and Sarah in her actions. Enough of the new dad stuff.
Maybe she'll do a duet with Thom Yorke someday. If I'm lucky.

The Lakers continue to win, but I have come to realize that this is one of those championships that people want to reject as being bogus. They say that the Magic are not a true opponent. They say that the Lakers have all the talent. They say, quite interestingly, that the Lakers aren't really that good and wouldn't have won a championship during a normal year. I say shut the hell up and accept the fact that the Lakers are going to get another championship. I know it's hard for all you fans of lame teams out there, but it just makes you look petty when you try to devalue this championship just because you hate Kobe.
He doesn't like you either.


Sarah is trying to tell me that Pokemon is stupid. I say she's stupid!

Anyway, I'm playing a lot of video games still, which I didn't thing would be the case with a baby, but it's not like I'm holding Paige every second of the day. I like calming her down, maybe playing some guitar and singing for her, and then when she's sleepy, I get to play games! It's working out really well. I like spending time with P.J. but I get to play Fallout 3 too! I've destroyed that game. I went in and out of every crevice of this game. I really pounded it and found all the right angles. This sounds dirty.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia is an incredibly funny show. New obsession for me, yippee.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking PJ right now too. We'll call her what we want till she's old enough to tell us otherwise.

It means a lot to me that you have formed a relationship with her. She really repsonds to you.

 
At 3:45 AM , Blogger Huge Larry said...

100 Chameleon isn't enough to protect you from Mike Tyson.

Lydon, Cy, and Kevin were over tonight, and I was the only mammal who could slay Iron Mike.

I was playing with a 1.5 year old tonight and it was pretty fun. I think that Paige is just going to keep getting more interactive and ambulatory as she gets older.

You guys clean up all the feces and then I'll just come by and play with your child and not have to deal with any of the difficult stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home